Monday, April 12, 2010

How I shoot MACRO - Add on Dews ....

I always admire LordV or Brian to shoot dews ... or look at his dews work @http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/sets/72057594101162264/

but I don;t have patient just do dews on un-move plant.. flowers ... so I always want to do it on bug/insect ....

last year, with help of my gang Kurt/Orionmystery (another great macro shooter I know...) I managed to shoot 1st bug with dews diffraction with Kurt help (he hold the flowers behind the bug for me and I shoot it with high magnification (~2-3:1) so I got
14.1 Plant Bug ... ~3.5:1

and I am waiting for raining season after the shot to make more dews shot ... after months wait, finally bugs are back to my in law garden and rain is almost drop down every evening ... so I managed to have many chance to shoot what I wish to do ....

and below are some pictures I shoot for last 2 weeks

1. a bore one without bug ...
when I free and and boring....

2. found a ladybird in the morning and a large dew on it's body and I make shot with right hand press shutter (camera mount on tripod) and the other hand hold the flower behind the ladybird
"lady" like pink ...

3. and the ladybird moving around so I still able to shoot few more shots before it flew off
"lady" like pink -2 ...

4. one week later ... heavy rain while I go back to my in law house . before the rain stop , I went out to try my luck and luck is with me ...found few bee and one with dewsssssss, I use one hand wto press shutter while the camera mount on tripod .. then the other hand hold the flower
Cuckoo Bee ... still sleeping after rain

*** all pictures focus stacked with few pictures .. no add on , with max ~10% crop ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...