Monday, December 6, 2010
My Gear - GND and 10 Stops ND filters
just a quick share why I use GND or 10 stops ND filters in some case
1. the sky and foreground always have different of exposures and I do not want to use exposures blending, HDR and black card method to correct the exposure ...
e.g. original shot , no PP no filter, the sky look lost some highlight details especially the clouds
2. to get the correct exposure of the sky then foreground will look under
3. to correct the exposures, I normally use
i. Lee Filter GND filter
ii. Exposures masking (shoot multiple pictures to merge it)
iv. black card, only apply while long exposure
but for this I only want to disucss 3i (Lee Filter GND)
4. to correct it normally I use Graduate Nature Density filter (GND) to correct the exposure of the sky or get more details of the sky without changing the foreground exposure
- with the help of the GND I have both sky and sea at right exposure with minimum effort
5. but for this type of weather, the sky may look dull and not so attractive.. so I make use of the bid stop ND to make the water look silky and the cloud movement ......
the exp from 1/5s to 140++s which allow us to see the movement line of the clouds to create more attractive sky and silky sea
and with proper planning here is my result
I will share how to use exposures masking, Photoshop GND ... in future ....