Monday, January 3, 2011

My Gear - New Family Speedlite 270EX

http://www.leephoto.com.my/http://www.fotopro.cn/products/accessories/468.htmlPlan to own this flash long ago not only plan for my Old MACRO setup

Bracket
liewwk update MACRO setup




Due to the light source is bigger and the softer effect is my preference so far but the weight and the MP-E65 long extend ... I had decided to change to Canon Mt-24 twin flash
 2010 May - Macro New Lighting Setup


With the 65mm, light is easier to control and much better than long focal length lenses but it make failure rate approach certain bugs higher ... so I never stop try and error for my SIGMA150 Macro len. [discussed @ http://liewwk-macro.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-i-shoot-macro-new-lighting-test-for.html ]

so I had below item to start off new lighting for both short and long macro lenses



1. Speedlite 270
2. Fotopro twin flashes arm 
   - Malaysia Distributor is Lee Photo
3. Pixel TTL wireless trigger
4. Vellum Paper as diffuser
5. paper cup






so let's look close on my new member

- a small flash
- easy to use paper bowl to make diffuser












- not much control
- no manual setting
- just on off button










- my 5dm2 need a flash ... and it is small and fit nicely











- not only direct but can have bounce to ceiling too ...










result of the flash
- indoor 24mm, F8, ISO100, 1/60














#################################################
what surprise, it fit my Lumix Lx5 too












but then think TTL never work ....
- indoor 24mm, F8, ISO100, 1/60 - direct















but with bounce

  look ok ... to use :D

















I will build this cheaper/lighter new lighting ASAP and share to u all with another share.....

5 comments:

Eddie Wong said...

really need to learn a lot from you..lol

liewwk said...

Eddie, u mean buy thing ? :D

Unknown said...

Hi, liewwk
how do you control 2 unit 270EX? Is Pixel trigger full TTL control?
thks...

liewwk said...

Pedro, yes using Pixel ..

but then I decided to use only single flash for version one noe

Unknown said...

Hello Liewwk,

You use Keiser Adjustable Flash Shoe with your MT-24, right? Can I buy it in KL or do I need to order from outside?

Can the MT-24 flash-head lock to the shoe?

Thanks...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...