Friday, March 20, 2009

MACRO PP - 1 ?

So this is my 1st share on this assignment ....normally why I do PP

1. while in RAW, use ACR to reduce all highlight blown by recover, vibrant, set correct WB & exposure
2. Image Stack - increase DOF has discuss in How I Increase my Macro Picture DOF
3. curve to increase/reduce contrast
4. Clone to remove Sensor dust and some spot that have highlight or any unwanted/dirty spots
5. minor crop to avoid center object (I am actually fine with object in center but many people just complaint this... look like a rule :D ). Sometime will be adding canvas size as well
6. Clone/Brush to make better Background
7. remove Saturation (since with Canon)
8. Noise reduction which will add in sharpening (USM) as I am using Ninja Noise where it will minimum give 0 0.4 USM
9. resize
10. frame

And below is one of the sample

Original picture (which only frame, resize, nj, non-crop)
Chestnut-capped Laughingthrush (Garrulax mitratus)

PP picture [1, 5 (with add canvas), 6, 9 & 10 applied]
Chestnut-capped Laughingthrush (Garrulax mitratus)

what do you think ? Please leave your view :D

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I think you should PP as long as it is not overly done and distort the subject from its original appearance. Just my 2 cents worth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...