Tuesday, March 2, 2010

News - 1st try on spherical panorama

for me spherical panorama picture is a art ... and it will be fun to see 360 degree view within single frame .. I not really a fan of it but while I have gear to make one so let have a try ....and for 1st timer let share what I face ...

1. nodal point is important to find out before go on field and sometime don't depend number from www but try to calibrate at home before go on field (some info of Nodal point /Entrance pupil point can look here http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database )

2. try to overlap as much as possible ... (sometime it just can't auto find the crossing points then manual work need to be done)

3. understand your's camera, lock WB and exp else lot of work to adjust different exp and WB

4. try cover moving object in single frame else it can stitch properly and need some clone work

5. try cover strong exp area in single frame, avoid the stitch exp different

6. choose the right software, at 1st I facing problem to merge it trying vary software but after I get PTGui. It work perfect for most of my testing

7. use wider len (or fish eye) .. else need to shoot too many picture to cover 360degree
- 24mm @FF need 24 pictures (I cross 30-40% .. may be too much and if redicue the crossing may be can reduce to 18)

*** I shoot using Canon 5dm2 + 24-105 L @24mm and Canon 5dm2 + 12-24mm @12mm

here you god my 1st try
my 1st try on spherical panorama

also sharing .mov view
small
http://www.liewwkphoto.com/360pano/PantaiKelanang-small/PantaiKelanang-small.html

large (need faster connection)
http://www.liewwkphoto.com/360pano/PantaiKelanang-Large/PantaiKelanang-large.html

leave me comments ... how you feel about spherical panorama ?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i just love this! A magical capture and an instant fave

liewwk said...

thanks Ms. TaroAthirah

Robert Woudenberg said...

What software is used to make the spherical panorama?

liewwk said...

me use PTGui

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...