Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Found - A Orange + Black Sawfly

... after rain - Sawfly | 三節葉蜂...

this is a Sawfly (Tanyphatnidea sp.) | 三節葉蜂.
Sawfly is not a easy model so far , and not much chance for me to get close to this insect. But I was surprise while hundred of them on a single tree while my trip @ Massachusetts, US.

there are not really move a lot especially before 7am (and day get bright ~5am) ... so this is a very easy model for macro ...

I missed out the mating picture, even I saw it on the 1st day but it was without my camera ...

... a side view - Sawfly | 三節葉蜂...


and it is easy to shoot >3:1
... sawfly ...



some additional info from http://gaga.jes.mlc.edu.tw

(三節葉蜂科)體長11mm,觸角黑色3節,末節最長,端部棍棒狀,頭部黑色,前胸背板橙黃色,翅膀藍黑色,前胸腹面藍黑色,腹面橙黃色,各腳背面藍色具褐色分布,內側褐色。外觀近似中華尖鞘三節葉蜂 Tanyphatnidea sinensis 但本種各腳黑色,分布於低海拔山區,常見於葉面活動,雌蟲產卵管器扁鋸狀,能像鋸子般鋸開葉片組織後產卵於內,又稱鋸蜂,幼蟲食植性,外觀像蛾類但腹足不具鉤盤,腹足多達6-8對。

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...