Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How I shoot MACRO - New Accessories and Lighting 2010 Jul

After trying Stephen lighting @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/9578475@N02/

i. light tent @ http://liewwk-macro.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-i-shoot-macro-new-start.html
ii. concave + light tent @ http://liewwk-macro.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-i-shoot-macro-new-accessories-and.html

I am happy with the results for few months, and managed to modify the light sources as below
i. concave & V
ii. concave, V & Light tent
iii. UV & Light tent


some result as below
i. concave, V & Light tent
... a boring Giraffe ? ...

... litttle green bee ...

ii. UV & Light tent
... there is something on my body...Apple , egg ??? ...

(will share more details and results after I back from MAL)

Even I am happy with the result above, but I still need to do something to avoid the light tent which may not suitable for some of the shy/sensitive bugs....so I am starting another version - BVCL version

all are same as "V" (secret V) with concave & Light tent but I add on a bracket to tent to move the light little backward so I can create bigger diffuser (so my ylight source is bigger and softer) until a point I can remove the Light tent.....

here is the picture of the setup, it look huge but light and result will be share later (stay tune)













































sorry for the picture quality as using my HTC .. WB and quality all out ..

.... more result of the new lighting will be share ............................................


[updated 13 Jul 2010 after 1st try on the setup on field.... 

- light look great as other combination discuss above
- little bulky (still)
- while MP-E65 change magnification, it create in-convenient where I need to adjust both site for different angle and distance
- better shadow and highlight 


will share result later



2 comments:

Mofeed said...

You are my #1

I have been looking for a person to teach me macro essentials and I tell you you are better than a 100 books!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hope one lucky day not too late I can visit you and shoot together and learn from you. Let me know if that is okay with you because I will plan to travel to see you and do this.

My newly setup flickr is:
www.flickr.com/photos/mofeed65
take a look I am a newbie!!!


Mofeed Qasem
From Palestine and live in Kuwait
Kuwait

liewwk said...

thanks Mofeed,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...